June 30, 2011

I take it all back & admit defeat...only for a few days though


First of all, I have to give credit where credit is due.  Remember when I wrote this scathing post?  Well, not only did Kendi send me a sweet email, this skirt arrived on my doorstep yesterday, barely 2 weeks after whining about expressing concern at it's "out of stock" status.  So, way to go Kendi and Shop Ruche, you have totally redeemed yourselves, kind of.

I really wanted to participate in the 30 for 30 challenge with Kendi because she is kind of  my idol.  She said there were no rules and you couldn't mess this up unless you burned all your clothes.  I didn't do that, however, she totally underestimated my inability to pass up a great deal.  On one of the very first days of the challenge, she wore this...which was only the beginning of my demise because soon after, JCrew had 30% off sale, and nothing gets me to click threw an email blast faster than 30% off and not too soon after, this showed up on my doorstep.  40% off sale at BR did nothing to help the cause either...

Truth be told, I think the real problem is that Kendi started the challenge in the middle of the month.  Who does this?  I can't possibly start something so life changing just willy nilly in the middle of the month!?! Therefore, I am going to do a do-over because it was kind of cheating of her, and I'm starting MY 30 for 30 challenge on July 1st. 
I just purchased a whole new wardrobe, it should be here by then.  Wait, am I totally missing the point of this challenge??   

PS (to Kendi)  Does it creep you out that I totally copied your outfit, Single White Female style? 
Thought so, it creeps me out a little bit too. 

PS (to everyone else)  If I so much as utter the word "shopping" I give you permission to do something really mean to me.  Like post a comment that says "you totally look like a dog face in this picture"  But, guess what, the joke will be on you...I love dogs. 
Just kidding. 
I'm going to do my best.  If JCrew and Target have to close due to my lack of support, my apologies.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...