June 24, 2011

Friend Friday ~ Fashion Blogging


Today I am linking up with Modly Chic for Friend Friday, and this week we are talking about Fashion Blogging. You may be wondering what this picture has to do with that, and the answer is absolutely nothing. Don't try and read anything into it, I'm not trying to trick you.

So back to fashion blogging. I don't really consider myself to be a "fashion blogger" or really a fashion anything. I started this blog as part of my jewelry business. At first (like 2 weeks ago when I really started posting regularly) I tried to focus pretty heavily on my jewelry, but when I wasn't getting much of a response and boring even myself, I started to think about what made me read other blogs.

The three main things that I found myself most drawn to are real pictures, interesting + original content, and puppies. Okay, probably not the puppy part, but I do really like dogs (see above). So, I started incorporating those things in my own blog and traffic started picking up. While I try and make sure I always wear my own jewelry in my pictures, I have definitely slacked on providing links back to my website. I am going to try and stay focused because I definitely don't want to have to get a real person job.

Now that I have successfully(??) finished my dissertation on Fashion Blogging, here are my answers to this week's questions:

1. Since you began blogging do you notice a change in the types of things you gravitate towards while shopping?

I don't think the types of things I have gravitated to have necessarily changed, but more so expanded. Some things I may not have noticed before have definitely started to catch my eye...and sometimes they find their way into my closet. I do find myself justifying a few too many purchases because I think they would be great to feature on my blog.


2. Do you find, as a fashion blogger, that you dress differently from your family and friends? Do they comment on that?


I have always dressed a little differently than my friends and family, but I'm not too outrageous, just a little more interested in clothing and trends.  I talk about my style, and how I feel about it, a bit here.


3. What’s the weirdest fashion that you secretly like, even if you aren’t bold enough to wear it?

Hmmm. I usually go for what I like, bold or not. However, I'm not typically attracted to "weird".  McQueen Armadillo Shoes? Not so much...


4. Looking at current trends – what would you like to try but need to build up the courage to do?

I haven't tried color blocking yet, but not for lack of courage, I just haven't found the right combo yet. Maybe I need to go shopping??


5. Toot someone’s horn – what fashion blogger out there inspires you with her bold fashion choices?

Like I said, I'm not too interested in outrageous, a couple of my daily fashion reads are:
  • Kendi Everyday ~ real girl style similar to my own, because sometimes I just don't want to think about what to wear. I know I can stop by Kendi Everyday and I am sure to not only be inspired, but have something similar in my closet.
  • Atlantic~Pacific ~ this is how I wish I dressed, but sadly, not usually...or ever.


ModlyChic FBFF
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...