June 23, 2011

Thursday Lately

Hi All!

It's Thursday, and I don't have a video, but I can't stand to miss a week of Thursday Latelies with Bex.
Soo...I'm going to write about what I wanted to tell you.  And honestly, if I had to do this on camera, I might get all choked up and not be able to spit it out.

I have been thinking quite a bit about what I really wanted to share on TL.  I get a little weirded out not knowing who I'm sharing with, so I am a little cautious about what I say.  While I love free stuff and great products, they aren't really what makes my world go 'round. 

What I am TRULY, TRULY thankful for each and everyday are all the people in my life who have embraced me with the most loving arms you could imagine.  I really don't know what I have done to be so fortunate in this area, but I am sure that I wouldn't be where I am without them.  I literally could go on and on listing people, but I'm just going to pick one for today. 

Carmen
She is pictured above in the blue dress.  You can see how beautiful she is on the inside and out from the picture.  She positively glows, and just shines her special love on everyone she meets.

I can't even explain how much I love this woman.  She literally found me crying on the street in the Philippines one day.  She and her sister (also pictured), literally picked me (a complete stranger) up off the ground and took me in.  From that day on she was family.

She loves animals as much as I do, and she is the first person I call when I don't know what to do.  At 85 years old, she has a lot more experience at this life thing than me, and always has the wisest and kindest advice delivered with a smile and a laugh.  She has an amazing way of making me see the bigger picture and that whatever my troubles are...they will work themselves out, and I will be not only okay, but better than I could have imagined.

Thank you so much for reading today and I hope you have many someones like Carmen in your life that you were reminded of today.


PS You can blame this terrible trio for the lack of video.
The plan was to record from the beach (I refuse to give up), but these guys decided to pick fights, eat an old pizza they found on the beach, and refuse to walk this morning.  The video would have been of us yelling and chasing our dogs like maniacs on the beach.  While I'm sure it would have been hilarious for all of you...I wasn't feeling all Thursday Lately about the situation.

Maybe next week...
xoShelly
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...